Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

Thought I would get all cute and creative, and dedicate a day to my favorite word: Thrifty.
Okay, okay, we all know I have an over abundance of favorite words- most having to do with being cheap and saving money (Free is my all-time fav!) but "thrifty" and "Thursday" just seem to go together, right?

Lately, I have been loving on a few blogs that feature Dollar Store creations. I am so amazed by some of the crafts and creations these crafty chicas come up with- all with items from their local Dollar Tree or 99 cent store.

Yesterday, I came across this amazing mirror, sort of a dollar store imitation of a Pottery Barn classic. Total cost including all dollar store materials- aprrox $11. Pottery Barn price: $249! Not kidding!

Go HERE to check out the tutorial- and don't blame me if you spend an hour (or more), snooping around the blog- and mentally making an extensive shopping list for your next dollar store trip :)

Here is the inspiration (at a whopping $249- no thanks!)

And..... the dollar store creation (less than $15- YES PLEASE!)
(image courtesy of DollarStoreCrafts.com)

Ahhhh-mazing, isn't it???

1 comment:

Caley said...

pretty darn cool-- I must say!