Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rite-Aid and Walgreens

I am happy to report that I am officially a lover of drugstore shopping. My first trips to Walgreens and Rite-Aid were less than perfect (I made calls to corporate! It must have been bad!) but after a few successes, I can't imagine not shopping at those stores now!

Today, I scored some sweet deals at both Rite-Aid and Walgreens. With my three kids in tow (what was I thinking??) I think I made out like a bandit ;)
Here are the breakdowns: (now it's my time to brag)

Walgreens:
Items purchased and Coupons used:
1 Scrubbing Bubbles Power Sprayer- 7.99 used $5.00/1 (get it here) and got $2RR
1 Halls cough drops- 2.69 used $1.00/1 (get it here) and In ad coupon making them .99 (takes off 1.70)
1 Dove shampoo used $1.50/1 (from last Sundays paper) got $4 RR
2 Paper plates .89 ea (filler item)
1 Water .99 (filler item-we drank it in the car, so it missed the photo shoot)
I also used $5 in RR's from my last trip
Total OOP: paid 4.64, got back $6 in RR's= profit of $1.36!!! Woot woot!
Remember at Wags, you can't have more coupons than items- that's the reason for those filler items! RR's are considered Walgreens coupons, so keep that in mind :)
PS- The cough drops could have been a money maker, but I chose the yummy/ more expensive ones :)

Rite-Aid
Items purchased and coupons used:
2 Lysol No Touch soap dispensers- 7.49ea. used $1/1 Video Values and 2-$5/1 MQ
Clean and Clear face wash- 5.49 used $2/1 Video Values and $2/1 MQ (get it here)
Used $5/$20 Video Values
Sub total: 20.47- $20 off in coupons!
OOP: $1.82! (1.35 of that is tax!!!) Double Woot woot!!!

No comments: