Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Todays CVS Trip

A few of you were able to make it to my very first coupon class, Coupons 101. Thank you to those who came to be my guinea pigs. I may try to do another class- hopefully things would go a little faster and have less hiccups :)

During the class, I told everyone how much I love drugstores like CVS and Walgreens to score everyday necessities like toiletries. So today, I want to show you how you can get "paid" by buying the following items using coupons from last Sunday's paper.If you got 3 or 4 papers like I suggested, these deals are completely do-able.


Today's trip summary:
2 Right Guard body wash $2.49 ea. *Get $1 Extra Bucks when you buy one  (limit 2 per card)
2 Colgate toothpastes $2.77 ea. *Get $2.77 Extra Bucks when you buy one (limit 2 per card)
3pk of Ivory soap .99
Total before coupons: $11.41

Coupons I used:
1 BOGO Right Guard body wash (from the 5/1 Red Plum Insert)   -$2.49
2 .75/1 Colgate toothpaste (from the 5/1 Smart Source Insert)       -$1.50
1 .50/1 Ivory Soap (I had this coupon from a booklet P&G mailed me)   -$.50 --------> -$4.49 off with coupons.

The total looks like this: $11.41- $4.49= $6.92 (plus tax)

I used $7 in Extra Bucks from last week (I bought the soap so I wouldn't waste any of the $7)
And got back:
$2 EB from the body  wash
$5.54 EB from the toothpaste -------> $7.54 EB for next time!

SO my total (when you factor in the EB's) is negative .62! I made money to buy these products! If this is your very first CVS trip, you would have to pay out of pocket the $6.92, but then you would have $7.54 to pay for your next trip! And the next trip- try to buy things that have Extra Buck rewards and keep the cycle going!  You will never pay for toothpaste, body wash, razors and more ever again, it's the best :)

No comments: