Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Walgreens- Cheap TP, free flossers, cheap razors, and free body wash!

Made a quick trip to Wags when the hubby got home from work- we were out of toilet paper! Good thing there is a sweet deal this week! While I was there, I picked up a few other items as  well :)

Cottonelle 12 pk TP
*Current RR deal: buy 2, get back $3 RR, buy 3 or more, get back $4 RR* (until 5/15)
I bought 2 packs and used the following coupons:
2x .50/1 MQ (Manufacturer Coupon)  (print 2)
1x $1/1 IVC (Instant Value Coupon- found in the booklet in the front of store) takes off $2
$10- $3= $7, got back $3 RR= $4 for 2 packs of TP

I also picked up:

Noxema 4pk. disposable razors $3.99- *$3 RR
used $2/1 (5/1 RP)
Paid $1.99, got back $3 RR (profit $1.01)

GUM Ez flossers $2- *$2 RR
used .75/1
Paid $1.25, got back $2 RR (profit $.75)

2 Right Guard Body Wash- BOGO 
used BOGO coupon (5/1 RP)- both FREE (I will still have to pay tax on this!)

My total was a little over $10. I used RR from last week to "pay" for everything (also got some cheap nail polish as "filler" items) and got back $8 in Register Rewards for my next trip ;)

Again- my coupon philosophy is to buy things when they are on sale or running with a store promotion- and to only buy things my family WILL use!

Don't forget- at Walgreens, your total number of coupons CAN NOT exceed the number of items you are purchasing! Throw in some cheap candy or pencils (called "filler items") to be sure your coupon to item ratio is at least equal! Register Rewards count as coupons too! Before I check out, I do a quick count. Items and coupons. If I have more coupons than items, I simply grab some gum or the cheap candy at the front to make my totals equal. It's worth it in my book.

No comments: