Monday, March 1, 2010

Coupon Clipping Makes CENTS!

If you asked me a year ago what I did to save money, I wouldn't have had an answer for you. Of course, we all like to save where we can, but sometimes convenience trumps necessity. With the recent recession and mortgage crisis, my husband and I were literally thrown into a whirlwind of financial dilemmas. Things that were normal to us, had to be omitted in order to make ends meet.

As a stay at home mom of a single income family of 5, I feel like it is my job to save money where I can, and be creative in the ways I go about doing so.

I began researching websites that specialize in saving tactics and coupon deals. I rarely (if ever) used a coupon, so a lot of the information was so new to me. I always thought coupon clipping was for old ladies with nothing but time on their hands! When I started clipping and collecting coupons, my husband would laugh at me, but when I would come home from the store and show him how much I saved- you can bet that was the last laugh!

Over the last six months, I have had so much success. It is so rewarding to me when I save any amount; obviously- the more the better! And, of course, I love to brag about what I am saving (or getting for free), not only because I am proud but because I want to help others save as well.

My hopes with creating this blog is to open your eyes to the wonderful world of couponing. At first, it is a bit overwhelming, but please be patient, you will be a pro coupon clipping frugalista in no time! I will touch on the basics, share my favorite money saving websites and blogs, and even throw in a couple budget friendly recipes here and there. Remember- I am fairly new to this too- so feel free to enlighten me anytime!

So this is where it all begins. Welcome to SoCal Frugal Deals and Steals!



-Ambra

No comments: