Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grocery Shopping at a Drug Store?

I have recently discovered that drug stores are often the best place to score great deals on not only toiletries and medication, but everyday grocery items as well! Milk, eggs, bread, tuna, soup- most kitchen staples can be found in a drug store at great low prices. When there is a stacking scenario- well that just sweetens the deal!
I was telling my friend, Jill, about some canned tomato sauce I bought last week at Walgreens. There was an in-ad coupon which made the sauce 39 cents a can. I also had a manufacturer coupon for 1.00 off 3. SO I bought 3- which would be $1.17 with just the Walgreens coupon BUT then add in the manuf. coupon- takes a dollar off- I got 3 cans for 17 cents! You can't beat that! (Sidenote- I did not make a special trip to Walgreens for 3 cans of tomato sauce! I had a decent size list of things we needed or things we can use, and I had to fill a prescription as well!)
Here are two awesome websites that highlight CVS and Walgreens deals and match-ups for the week (their week is Sun-Sat)- this girl is amazing- check out how she does it- most of the stuff she gets is virtually free!
and


-Ambra

No comments: