Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Favorite Tricks and Tools

There are a couple websites and blogs that I follow religiously. They update many times a day, so they are constantly showing you new and innovative ways to save!

My personal favorite has to be The Krazy Coupon Lady (thekrazycouponlady.com) It is the site I reference the most, and the site I will probably quote the most in my blog! KCL specializes in coupons and scenarios that get you items close to free- or even make you money! There are also valuable coupons she posts, complete with direct print links- which saves you a ton of time searching!

Another notable blog I follow is Freebies4Mom (freebies4mom.blogspot.com) This blog is all about freebies! And who doesn't like free?!?! She has the latest insider scoop on free samples, great high value coupons, sweepstakes, and giveaways. Again, some things vary region to region (some offers are not valid or available in CA). At first I was super apprehensive about signing up for so many samples. I don't need tons of tiny little samples in my house! True- BUT- most of the time the samples come with high value coupons- so you can get the actual size at a great discount, or free! Did you know Walmart always has free samples they can send you at no cost? Here's a shocker- Costco does too!

(Some larger manufactures have member areas that you can sign up for and get great coupons and samples- like P&G- I will post more about those later!)

The last way I like to save is by signing up for word of mouth programs. The two I like the most are SheSpeaks and Vocalpoint. You sign up, create a profile, answer a few questions, then sign up for products you are willing to try and talk about! So far, I have gotten full size toothpaste, body wash, laundry detergent, coupons for free pizzas, cookies, and more! ALL free- all full sizes! They also include some coupons for you to hand out and spread the word. You simply try the product, go back to the website, answer a short survey- and that's it! The surveys are super short and take less than 5 minutes total.

My honest advice would be to create a new email account- dedicated to coupons and offers. Sometimes you have to provide an e-mail address to receive a coupon- and of course, the junk that comes with it tends to fill up your inbox pretty quickly! Use this email for subscribing to blogs and saving sites (like Krazy Coupon Lady and Freebies4Mom) so you will always have the up to date information! You can also find many saving forums and sites on facebook! (KCL and F4M are on facebook- that way I can get their updates on my phone! So easy!)

If you are into online shopping- check out slickdeals.net or dealigg.com. I will be sure to post my favorites from them as well!

No comments: